spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death

YEAR 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, post 41 ~ evening

~ dialogues: #FF007F
    ~ exp: 200.850 (25r160x2)
    ~ gold: 1500 mo (jewelry) + 3700 gld FN +
    ~ wears: old green tunic, brown leather coat and boots, hair tied up in a ponytail
    ~ armor: D1 (off)
    ~ weapons: pugnale (on)
    ~ ability: fiamme blu, controllo dell'attacco B
    ~ moves: scudo di fuoco, attacco combinato, schivata veloce, pioggia di fuoco, bastione di fuoco, scatto, inversione di potenza, resistenza, colonna di fuoco, rigenerazione, attacco a sorpresa.
    ~ stats:
    Atk D. 1.800+50% (fiamme blu) = 2.700
    Def D. 2.001+1/10 (armatura) = 2.201
    Atk 549
    Def 400+1/10 (armatura) = 440
    Vel 390
    EV 1.550/1.550

Ilah followed her father's moves with a worried look on her face: she wasn't sure she was supposed to let him take Sozin. When she tried to figure what her mother would have done, had she been there, the answer was definitely not letting her dad get anywhere near the child. Not that Ilah had anything against her father taking care of her little brother, but as far as she knew that was a task that was always carried out by her mom or the nanny. Did he know how to do it without hurting him? "Be careful, children are fragile" she warned him, helping her dad getting hold over Sozin before getting back to her meal.

Sozin wasn't particularly comfortable with all of those hans around him and he tried to push them away, crying words that only he could understand. The tone of his voice, however, was quite clear and said "let me go!". It was only when he noticed the food in Antk's hand that he finally calmed down: he blinked, then he leaned forward to suck the meat directly from his father's hand. If Antk had hoped to prevent him from doing a mess, he had clearly underestimated the baby. Ilah observed her brother for a long moment, before apparently deciding he wasn't risking any major injuries by remaining in his father's arms, so she felt free to return to her own meal.

"Yes, my name is Ilah. I was named after one of my ancestors: Fire Lady Ilah was the wife of Fire Lord Azulon, father of General Iroh and Fire Lord Ozai. There's not much about her on my history books. Mom never really explained why you gave me her name" replied the girl, realising that her father was trying to make some conversation. That was something she repetedly exercised with Lady Lien and even though there were still times when she didn't know what to say, she was definitely getting better at it.

- 花 -

The first thing that Iris noticed, as she opened her eyes again, was that the shadows had gotten longer and now the room was filled with a dark pink light. The sun was already setting: had she fallen asleep? At that thought she annoyingly pushed the blankets away. Too fast. She closed her eyes, in pain. A voice behind her, warned Iris that she wasn't alone. "Don't ask stupid questions" she snapped back, without turning to face Antk. He was right: she had to eat or she would get too weak to heal. Getting up was the hardest part, but she didn't doubt herself for a mere second. She freed herself from the blankets: she was expecting the pain this time, so she forced herself to ignore it as she got back on her feet. She almost lost her balance, but she corrected herself quick enough: "I can feel your pity. Spare it, I'll survive and there's nothing you can help me with" she warned him as she slowly walked to the kitchen to prepare herself something to eat.

2. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

png
    ANNO 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, POST 105, early afternoon
    "Kiss hits like a thunder, love passes by like a storm"
    [50.945 Antkantos (darkred): n° exp (15r50x2)] [DENARO: 361 NdF DEPOSITATO: bank, CLOTHING: brown leather boots, coat and gloves with fur inside, woolen grey sweather and scarf, short hair] [EV: 620, SKILLS': Electricbending, ARMOUR: //, WEAPONS: twin sabers(off), kukri(off)]

Stats PG:

Atk= 1650
    Def= 1450
    Vel= 300

Mosse caratteristiche-di scuola: Colonna di fuoco; Fuoco del giudizio; Scoppio; Elettrizzazione; Fulmine Globulare; Barriera Elettrostatica; Controllo del calore; Anello di fuoco; Bloccare le fiamme; Scudo di Fuoco; Propulsione; Fruste elettriche

Of course she was ignoring the food he brought her; and naturally she returned to her jerky attitude. Antk let the shadows hide his grin as he stepped away from the woman's way, placing his right fist against his flank. For some reason he wasn't disappointed by that attitude at all. Rather, he thought he felt a little bit relieved: if she was strong enough to be a jerk, maybe she wasn't so sick as he thought before. He followed her and placed the bowl on the table before adding some new logs to the fire: he didn't expect the woman to eat his stew, but at least it was still warm. He thought to hear some whimpers coming from his room, maybe the kid was awakening. It seemed to be nothing more than a normal evening in a normal house. He leaned from the door to give a look to Sozin, but also in that case there seemed to be nothing to worry about. The room was not dark: its door was hanging in the principal door's place, so the fire lighted up it enough. It was... almost boring .

If she wanted to do everything by herself, there was nothing he could do but wait. He slipped back into his room and, walking on tiptoe not to awake his son, he regained Ilah's book. She seemed to have finished her study session, so he was free to read it in peace: he brought it back to the main room and sat on the floor, opned it at page ten and started again reading. Funny how all that stuff seemed to be related to someone else, rather than him. And then he remembered something: "I almost forgot... I think I have some dreams to relate you, maybe they're more clear to you than for me. When you feel like to deal with it, of course" he said absently, while trying to decipher a terribly prolix Agni-Kai chronicle. How could that girl read that stuff without getting bored?!

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death

YEAR 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, post 42 ~ evening

~ exp: 201.050 (30r200)
    ~ wears: old green tunic, brown leather coat and boots, hair tied up in a ponytail
    ~ moves: scudo di fuoco, attacco combinato, schivata veloce, pioggia di fuoco, bastione di fuoco, scatto, inversione di potenza, resistenza, colonna di fuoco, rigenerazione, attacco a sorpresa.
    ~ stats:
    Atk 549
    Vel 390
    EV 1.550/1.550

She was surprised to notice that Antk actually just got out of her way, instead of complaining further. She was still feeling a little feverish and she was definitely not in the mood to argue. It was just when she got back to the kitchen that she noticed they didn't have anything to eat there. She looked around, trying to catch a sight of Ilah; she caught sight of Antk laying a bowl of stew on the table, but she pretended not to notice, looking forward to what used to be her room. The door was now missing, but it was too dark to see inside. She didn't have the time to dwell on that thought before the light increased, as Antk added some logs to the fireplace.

Sozin was sleeping on the bed, while Ilah was sitting next to him, making sure he wouldn't fall. Iris sighed, gently. She was definitely a good child. She deserved a much better life, with much better parents. The woman shook her head: everything would have been easier if they weren't royals. But then again: would she be able to live as a commoner? She knew the answer even before that question came to her mind. No.

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Antk, who decided to break into her visual field, just to get in the children's room. She followed him with a disappointed look on her face as she made sure she wasn't disturbing them, ready to complain as soon as he got out... but a smile on Ilah's face, as soon as she saw her father coming next to her, forced Iris to look away, reminding her why that man was still alive. She reached the fireplace, stretching an arm to the flames: her wounds burned as she did it and soon she was forced to retrieve her hand.

Antk was now busy reading a book and before she could ask where had he got it, Iris recognised Ilah's book. If she was to make a guess the child had probably gifted it to him. She was staring at it when Antk decided to speak. "Me?" asked the woman, not knowing exactly what to think. Her stomach growled and she tried to stop it by folding her arms: bad move. She shut her eyes in pain, holding her breath for a few seconds, hating herself for that useless display of weakness. She hated it! She hated the world, she hated her condition, she hated everything! The room went darker as the flames in the fireplace turned blue.

"Mom, can we bend a flower? I want to show dad!" came Ilah's voice, as the child reached for her. The flames immediately switched back to their natural colour as Iris let her hold off of them. Flowers. That was definitely something she wasn't proud to show. She had been scolded for doing it quite enough as she was a child and it still felt wrong. Ilah was one of the few who knew that under that inflexible mask of roughness and power thirst, Iris hid a gentle and artistic side and was able to craft genuine artworks with her bending. Antk was actually one of those few who knew, or, at least, he used to be... but now, she had to be stronger: she had given him enough chances already: no more.

"Oh. You haven't eaten yet" noticed Ilah, stopping by the table. "Should I get you something else?" offered the child. If she were in the condition to go out hunting, Iris would have certainly done it herself, but even though she tried her best not to show it, standing in the middle of the room was the best she could do in her conditions. Sending Ilah outside in the darkness of night, just to get her something different, though, wasn't just fair.

"No, I'm fine" she replied, taking the bowl Antk offered her, while giving him an homicidal look, just in case he thought of commenting. "Tell me about your dreams" she told him in a challenging tone: of course she could do something about it. She was an empress: if there was anyone able to work with it, it was her and it was also the perfect way to remind him how she was better than him and distract Ilah from her flowers at the same time.

fai finta di non notarmi, sto procrastinando

4. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

png
    ANNO 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, POST 106, early afternoon
    [51.045 Antkantos (darkred): n° exp (15r50x2)] [DENARO: 361 NdF DEPOSITATO: bank, CLOTHING: brown leather boots, coat and gloves with fur inside, woolen grey sweather and scarf, short hair] [EV: 620, SKILLS': Electricbending, ARMOUR: //, WEAPONS: twin sabers(off), kukri(off)]

Stats PG:

Atk= 1650
    Def= 1450
    Vel= 300

Mosse caratteristiche-di scuola: Colonna di fuoco; Fuoco del giudizio; Scoppio; Elettrizzazione; Fulmine Globulare; Barriera Elettrostatica; Controllo del calore; Anello di fuoco; Bloccare le fiamme; Scudo di Fuoco; Propulsione; Fruste elettriche

She was clearly hungry and in a bad mood. Pretending to read was the best thing, especially with blue flames around: though wounded, she still was a formidable opponent. And soon he would have to go out again and hunt something else: he thought he made enough stew, but feeding four persons wasn't easy. He rose his face from the book only as the woman accepted to hear him speaking: watching her while she ate his food was a little victory he had not to waste, so he forced himself to mantain a neutral expression.
    "I cannot say whether they were dreams or memories. The last one was strange, it had nothing to do with the others: i was in a wood like the one outside, with other guys. I think they were my comrades, but they were not soldiers: they looked more like guerrillas, with pieces of armour both from Fire Nation and from Earth Kingdom. And we were cooking that stuff... that's where I took the recipe from" he admitted, scratching his chin. "But it's strange: you told me I was a General. I must have been a really bad one, if I allowed my men to reduce in those conditions. Instead, I'm pretty sure the dream I had some days ago had actually some memories inside. It was more a nightmare than an ordinary dream... and I was looking for someone in a huge palace. A place like this one" and he rose the book, showing her a beautiful picture of the Royal Palace's main hall. "I didn't see Ilah's book before, so I'm sure it didn't condition my mind. And there's something else" he went on, closing the book and leaving inside his index as bookmark. "I kept on calling the name of the person I was looking for, but I didn't catch which name it was... until you told me your one", than he close tight his lips and followed with the other index the book cover's decorations. He also knew Iris' name was the right one, when she finally told him the truth. Was he so terrified of losing her? Because he could still feel that nightmare's anguish clutching his throath.

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death

YEAR 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, post 43 ~ evening

~ exp: 201.210 (25r160)
    ~ stats:
    Atk 549
    Vel 390
    EV 1.550/1.550

Iris was definitely hungry, but she controlled herself, avoiding to rush on her food like a paesant. Moreover, she had every intention to give Antk the less satisfaction she could, so she did her best to pretend she was eating just to make her daughter happy. It took only for Antk to mention the Earth Kingdom uniforms to guess what that was all about. "Page 257, one of the last lines" she coldly replied, waiting for him to find it. There wasn't much about it and of course, that mentioned on the book was nothing but the official version. Or, better, one of the official versions of how, after losing his rank and being banished from the army, he had struggled as a paesant in the Earth Kingdom. The true story was probably different enough that those lines wouldn't tell him anything anyway.

"Although you probably remember that story differently" she cryptically added. Ilah raised an eyebrow, confused. "Is the book not telling the truth?" she inquired, making Iris sigh as she took time to think of a good reply to give her daughter. "It tells the truth that everyone needs to know. That's what we reply when people question us about it. If we told our People that your father had betrayed them to help the Earth Kingdom against us, they would ask for justice" she explained, determined not to spare Antk from a truth that could hurt him. Indeed, that was what she was hoping for.

"And why is that a bad thing? Don't you want your Empire to be fair?" asked Ilah again, getting a stern look from her mother. Iris had actually thought about it many times. Things would have been much easier if she just let justice take its course. "Because that would mean executing your father" she explained, sounding a little more enthusiastic than she should have been about that idea. She was so focused on that thought and distracted by the effort she had to endure just to stand there, that she didn't even realise that was probably the first time in years she actually accepted Antk as Ilah's father.

"Then the Empire is unfair. No one should die by the hands of someone else. Why don't you change the laws?" suggested the princess, but Iris wasn't in the mood to argue with her daughter. "Changing a book is faster, easier and harmless. You'll understand, when you're older". It was clear, from Ilah's expression, that the answer didn't satisfy her, however she had the feeling that further questioning her mother wasn't a great idea, so she simply bit her tongue and silenced herself.

Something on Antk's face, however, prevented Iris from adding anything else to what she had just said against her husband. It had lasted a brief moment, but she was almost sure of it. Was it really pain, what she had seen? Was he really...? He couldn't remember. Which reason could he have to fake it, this time? She felt sorry for him. Almost. Though enough to make her silently look away and pretend it was just something unimportant. "I think you need to sleep, now" she told Ilah, abruptly changing topic.

6. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

png
    ANNO 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, POST 107, evening
    [51.145 Antkantos (darkred): n° exp (15r50x2)] [DENARO: 361 NdF DEPOSITATO: bank, CLOTHING: brown leather boots, coat and gloves with fur inside, woolen grey sweather and scarf, short hair] [EV: 620, SKILLS': Electricbending, ARMOUR: //, WEAPONS: twin sabers(off), kukri(off)]

Stats PG:

Atk= 1650
    Def= 1450
    Vel= 300

He quickly slid the pages until he reached that page, and began to read eagerly... but he felt slightly disappointed as he heard that his wife's words matched almost identically to the book's ones -as she knew that chapter by heart. And all happened when he was really, really young. He closed again the book and scratched his chin as the woman explained to their daughter something totally different. So he was thrown out from the Fire Nation army, and joined Earth Kingdom's one? Why? Wasn't he a good and well-known General? And was the Kingdom's army so patchy? They really looked more like guerrillas than soldiers!

And again... was his wife protecting him from an execution? Alright, a traitor must be punished, and that woman hated him: it would be the best chance to get rid of him. Still, she didn't want him to die for the crimes he committed... against her own Nation? She was the Empress, and she protected someone like him? There was definitely something strange. And the discussion with Ilah was degenerating. That girl was growing up far too fast: weren't teenagers supposed to make their own parents mad? He waited for the girl to disappeat in her room before he spoke again.

"So I betrayed our Nation... before we married" he said, counting each logical step on his fingertips. "How did I manage to be expelled from the army? Was I a drunkard... or something like that?" he asked, uncertain. "And I joined an enemy Nation. It sounds so stupid. It just worsened the situation" he commented, raising an eyebrow. ""Then, some years after I popped out somehow in my homeland and in spite of everything you decided that I was worth living with you. An Empress... together with a criminal. Empresses usually don't marry criminals... " he muttered shaking his head. Was it because she loved him so much? That possibility stroke him deeply. Fire Nation had been always well-known for its strict martial law: averting an execution wasn't something ordinary, she actually saved his life -and gave him the best chance she could. And then, what did he do -again- to make her hate him? What could have been even worse than betraying an entire Nation? And... why did he do something like that, to her?

... what if was he really the bad guy?
    He bit his lips, keeping that words unspoken.

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death

YEAR 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, post 43 ~ evening

~ exp: 201.370 (25r160)
    ~ stats:
    Atk 549
    Vel 390
    EV 1.550/1.550

Iris' gaze sternly followed Ilah as the girl disappeared into her room. It was clear by the disappointed look on her face that that particular conversation wasn't over for her, but so was for Iris. The noblewoman had no intention to let her daughter have the last word, no matter how she loved her, no matter how badly she wanted to protect her from all of that. Only when the door closed behind the girl she relaxed enough to consider answering Antk's questions. A drunkard? Yes. Sometimes she thought he was, it'd explain all the absurd things he did. For a moment she considered the idea to tell him that yes, he was: that would make him satisfied, shut him up.

"The official version or the actual one?" she asked, checking Ilah's door, to make sure it was still closed. But that question had no reason to be. There wasn't that much difference. "You disobeyed to my orders, I had no other choice. At the time a rebel named Wen managed to start a civil war. My father tried to reason with him, allowing him enough time to gather followers. By the time my father faked his death he was so powerful I had no other choice but to send the army to stop him. The army led by you. I had given you one simple task: holding him back and wait for my arrival. But as always, listening isn't your strongest suit. You decided to show off, leading the men into a suicide mission. You risked your life, that of hundreds people... and you killed the Avatar, before I could get there. Do you remember what an Avatar is or should I explain it to you?" she asked in a sarcastic tone, clearly disappointed by that detail.

"By the way, I'm glad you now understand how stupid was your move and how it worsened everything. Too bad it's too late. Anyway, you don't have to worry. The entire world thinks you were executing my orders when you killed the Avatar, so no one is coming after you for that" she explained, cold and controlled as ever. Indeed, Empresses usually didn't marry criminals and looking back she could now put her choices into a different perspective. "I was young and naive... and I had a point to prove. My father had always despised you. I thought I could be better than him, that I could be a new kind of regent, one who did what she loved, who married her true love instead of someone who could benefit her reign. I do now see how wrong I was. But again, it's too late to whine over it. My own daughter is following my footsteps more closely than it is for her own good. This has to end", she said, losing herself in her own thoughts as she watched the closed door, once again. "I used to talk to my father like that. I was full of dreams and ideals, I don't want Ilah to go through everything I did. I don't want her to end up like this."

8. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

png
    ANNO 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, POST 108, evening
    [51.245 Antkantos (darkred): n° exp (15r50x2)] [DENARO: 361 NdF DEPOSITATO: bank, CLOTHING: brown leather boots, coat and gloves with fur inside, woolen grey sweather and scarf, short hair] [EV: 620, SKILLS': Electricbending, ARMOUR: //, WEAPONS: twin sabers(off), kukri(off)]

Stats PG:

Atk= 1650
    Def= 1450
    Vel= 300

Antk caressed the book's decorations the whole time, while he listened to the woman's tale. She had a point. Even Generals had to obey, and he didn't... and even worse, he nearly killed hundreds of men. Was he so idiot to attack the Avatar, just to show off? Well, if he was idiot enough to turn against his own Nation just to prove his strenght, he already knew the answer to his question.

It was unbelievable... he thought he was an intelligent man, how could he do such a mess all alone?! And he had another answer he didn't ask for: she really was in love with him. Clearly she didn't realise how foolish her fiancé was. He shook his head and replied calmly "It looks like I actually am the bad guy here."

"I think that if I were you, I would have just ran away with the kids as soon as I saw my husband -unless I didn't kill him on the spot. I should go away and leave you alone, if you didn't expressly forbid it; in any case, I don't like to leave a mess around without even trying to fix it: it's just like being coward in front of an enemy--- no, it's even worse. I understand why my only presence makes you mad, and that eventually you'll decide something unpleasant about with me: in the meanwhile I'll just try to be useful, expecially until your full recover. And I'll have to fully recover too... if you resolve to kill me, I have no intention to die like a dog. It will be the greatest Agni-Kai ever he announced with a sad smile, then he rose to walk into his room. The next day he would have to hunt something else to eat, so he had to rest.

"Sleep well, your Highness"

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death

YEAR 18, MONTH 3, DAY 15, post 44 ~ night

~ exp: 201.470 (15r100)
    ~ stats:
    Atk 549
    Vel 390
    EV 1.550/1.550

The last words managed to force Iris to silence. He was right. For the first time in ages he wasn't only taking full responsibility of what he did, but he was also besting her in what she thought it was her job. Fixing things. She had always been doing it alone: covering for him, fixing his messes, one by one. There was, however, one thing that she thought it was unfixable: their relationship. In all those years she had just tried to avoid him, to push him away, to threaten him and take the children away. Now that he admitted he would probably do the same... it sounded incredibly stupid.

What if she was just being a coward? She silently watched him as he walked back to his bed. An Agni Kai would be the appropriate solution; the way any man, any Fire Nation citizen would have solved such a situation. Wasn't she the one who denied him an Agni Kai?

"Sleep well, Antk" she whispered back, exausted. The burns on her skin were nagging her, she knew she wasn't going to be able to sleep; she already knew that was going to be a long night, so she took up the book that Antk had left on the table, she sat in the corner near to the fireplace and she begun to read it all over again. She already knew it by heart, because she had written every line of it... and it contained nothing but lies. What if Ilah was right? What if her whole Empire was based on lies?

Maybe it was the warmth of the fire, maybe the pain was draining her energy or maybe she was just tired for the long day, but on that thought she fell asleep; not even the book, dropping from her hands, managed to wake her up. Her fever was now getting higher again.

8 replies since 20/6/2015, 17:47   52 views