Creation of the International Avatar Association

Join us !

« Older   Newer »

1. Les4elements
        +3   +1   -1

User deleted

Senzatitolo-6_zps5e5c47ab

Hello guys,

Les4elements here, admin and funder of the french Avatar fansite : Avatar Realms. We are the biggest and the only one community in France. ^o^

As Gaia told me, I've registered and created a post about the International Avatar Association. :)
    Here's the flyer to introduce you to the project :

original-8a4512116b064cdf29281e96c97bfa9b

Several persons have already answered the invitation :

• Bonzu III from Estado Avatar

• Gaia from avatar-laleggendadiaang

• Kevin from Avatar Portal

• Morgan (Airspeed Prime), Avatar Online Podcast Main Host, from Avatar The Last Airbender Online

• and Me, Julien alias Les4elements from Avatar Realms

I'm quoting several sentences to begin the discussion.

CITAZIONE
    fact is that, for me, we need a place where we can all meet to discussus about the project itself BEFORE creating it. Is my point clear? Just to make an example: if I understand well, you'd like to create a blog where to join all togheter and to tell this to Nickelodeon. But will Nickelodeon let us have ATLA and LOK's streamings on pur websites? Isn't that paradoxal?

(Gaia)

CITAZIONE
    Yeap, I think discussion is vital for the project.
    I don't know which shape the project could use : blog, tumblr, other ? Here something we need to discuss. ;)

To answer your example's question : yes, of course, it's paradoxical ; however, we would not have to offer streaming if fans all other the world could access to the stream at nick.com.
    Nick did understand recently how big was the community on the internet (I quote an interview of Bryke) ; so why European people cannot access to the video online ?

(me :3)

CITAZIONE
    Sounds like a cool idea.
    But how exactly does it work.
    Example/ The Book 2 Soundtrack project, do all of the fansites get sent a message about what the association's idea is and then everyone acts on it as a way to get the whole community focused on one goal.
    Or is it something different. I think the idea is great, I just don't get exactly how it works in practice.
    Especially the merchandise side of things I think Nick has been very lacking in and I have talked about it many times on the site's podcast. They are really missing out by under merchandising the show. That would be a cool project too.

(Morgan)

Let's talk about this ! ;)

Edited by Silian - 20/4/2014, 11:36

2. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hi, nice to meet you!
    As I told before to Gaia, I find this project really interesting^^
    I'm not the admin-lead there, so we have to wait for @Les to read that topic.

Ca I suggest you to contact our german affiliates from Avatar-Tales.de?
    They've had always nice ideas for international projects and have been really active and collaborative. It would be great to have them on board.
    Hagumi is the Admin there, maybe you cah PM her (or I can do it first, introducing your project).

3. Les4elements
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nice to meet you too !

Maybe you could contact yourselves the german Avatar-Tales.de since you know them. ^^

And you know, it is not MY project but only an idea I had once. I wish every fansite will soon claim ownership of this project. You see what I mean ? (so hard to convey a message in English >.<)

4.     +1   -1

Yip Yip

Group
    Tribù dell'Acqua
    spolliciate
    +825

Status
    Death
    Hi, Julien =) I'm Gaia, but call me Abi. It's nice to see you here!

Sorry if I haven't replied by email, but I preferred to wait for you here, where we can discuss with the rest of the staff.

CITAZIONE
    however, we would not have to offer streaming if fans all other the world could access to the stream at nick.com. Nick did understand recently how big was the community on the internet

I admit that Nick has improved the service for ATLA and LOK's fan, but I think that Italy is the less considered country: we have just the first 16 episodes of A:TLA on the italian website of Nickeloden.

While we wait for @Les (I wrote her a PM)... do you already have ideas about how to organize and realize the projects?

5. Les4elements
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hi Abi,

Have you the episodes on DVD at least ?

In France the website Nickelodeon doesn't have any full length episodes, only extracts. And you can only have the episodes in French (not in English) on the DVD ; it's not the Nick edition DVDs, you see. It's an edition made by a French Television wich have the rights and wants to do money...

About the organization, I was thinking of :
    - a logo that every partners would put on their website
    - an official tumblr where we would post our major news and actions
    - a private section on one of forums where we could discuss together

It's just some ideas. ^^

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death
    CITAZIONE
    wait for @Les to read that topic

... speak of the devil *coughs* hey Silly, Abi... welcome Le4el. This is Lessie, founder of the Italian one and only Avatar community and the mind behind all what happens around here. Silian here is my right hand and Abi (aka Gaia) is my stubborn and not-so-reliable left hand. Introductions done, let's get to business.

I think this whole project is a great idea. Actually, we've been trying to create an alliance between the Avatar international forums in the past. Americans showed little interest in the whole thing, the French forum we contacted wasn't really cooperative and waited for us to do the whole job for them, we soon lost contact with the Brazilian community... I guess they eventually turned their Avatar forum into a Naruto related thing. The only community who gladly responded to our invitation was the German community of "Herr der Elemente", the website Silian linked in her post. We've been working together on a few works over the last years: the fanart calendar, I can't recall the exact name, but there was this project to create an audio-book (Silian should be able to tell you more about it, she was the one who took care of the project), we were planning to create an international roleplay and we usually send each other Christmas greetings xP so, if you want we have a little experience we can share.

Speaking of which... we created this section for international users to have a place here to come and meet Italian fans without being afraid (I don't know why, but people seem to be scared by foreign languages). Germans did the same for us. I think it would be nice if you had a subforum for international users and help us encouraging people to move through all the forums/blogs/whatever this community is made of.

I totally love the idea to communicate with Nick, especially if we can get first hand juicy news about the serie, while I share Abi's concerns on releasing the OST. I don't know anything about French laws, but here in Italy it isn't legal. I don't want my crew to get into troubles, so we might need to discuss this further.

Another proplem might be presence. As far as I like this whole thing it will take us time we (and by "we" I mean "them" *points the crew*) normally use to work on our community own initiatives. We lack crew and right now we can barely manage to keep this community active I'm not sure about the amount of time we can dedicate. Do you have any requirements?

CITAZIONE
    an official tumblr where we would post our major news and actions

The Germans have a Deviantart account, I think we could ask them to share it, or maybe to upload our things.

7.     +1   -1

Yip Yip

Group
    Tribù dell'Acqua
    spolliciate
    +825

Status
    Death
    No, not even DVDs. They are in English, German, Frencj, Dutch... but not in Italian <_<
    Anyway, before to do anything, it would be great to listen to the admins of the our website...

The fact is, also, that if we unite together to post news and so on, the material that we can post on our particular website will decrease. We must find the half-measure (does this sentence exist in other language? xD) and also the way to coordinate together, 'cause, for example, release ATLA and LOK's OST it won't be easy. We have to find and catalog them... and there's the copyright problem, I guess.

8. Les4elements
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nick sucks for the DVD anyway...

QUOTE (.Abigail. @ 17/12/2013, 15:01) 
    The fact is, also, that if we unite together to post news and so on, the material that we can post on our particular website will decrease. We must find the half-measure (does this sentence exist in other language? xD)

Yep, the word exists in french at least. xD

The news would be only on the association itself, not on the universe of Avatar. Do you see the difference ?

QUOTE (.Abigail. @ 17/12/2013, 15:01) 
    and also the way to coordinate together, 'cause, for example, release ATLA and LOK's OST it won't be easy. We have to find and catalog them... and there's the copyright problem, I guess.

The aim is not to create the OST but to push Nick releasing the CD as they do for Season 1 ; maybe with an intertional petition. Together, we could have a lot of signatures.

9. Les4elements
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sorry for the double post, I didn't notice the @Les' message. Nice to meet you. ;)
    Sorry if I don't answer following the order :

Another proplem might be presence. As far as I like this whole thing it will take us time we (and by "we" I mean "them" *points the crew*) normally use to work on our community own initiatives. We lack crew and right now we can barely manage to keep this community active I'm not sure about the amount of time we can dedicate. Do you have any requirements?

No, each community does what it can. =o

I totally love the idea to communicate with Nick, especially if we can get first hand juicy news about the serie, while I share Abi's concerns on releasing the OST. I don't know anything about French laws, but here in Italy it isn't legal. I don't want my crew to get into troubles, so we might need to discuss this further.

I answer Abi about this. Misunderstanding between us.

Eventually, I am the Avatar network for 6/7 years so I begin to know several people, especially the English-speaking people. By the way, I know Eduardo from Mundo Avatar, admin.

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death
    Le4el, do you mind writing in French? I can understand it a little better.

CITAZIONE
    I begin to know several people, especially the English-speaking people

Good to know, it will be useful to motivate people. I think the idea could work, but... if we want to make it real, we need a plan: you already have contacts. That's a start. Now we should ask each community how far they think they can take this project, the activities they usually do (so they're supposedly skilled in that particular field) and which resources they can dedicate.

11. Les4elements
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oui, je peux écrire en Français, le problème, c'est que j'aimerais que tous puissent lire mes messages. Mais entre nous je peux écrire en Français, bien sûr. :)

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death
    They will. For Italian speakers French is far more understandable than English, and I bet you could easily understand written Italian. Besides, if any international user decides to join the conversation we can always switch back to English.

13. Les4elements
        +1   -1

User deleted

Je comprends mieux l'anglais, personnellement.
    I better understand English. ;)

Je viens de demander à une graphiste/dessinatrice talentueuse de travailler sur un logo de l'association. Je vous montrerai ce qu'elle a fait dès qu'elle aura fini.
    I've just asked a graphist to work on a logo for the association. I'll show you as soon as she'll finish.

14.     +1   -1

Yip Yip

Group
    Tribù dell'Acqua
    spolliciate
    +825

Status
    Death
    "Je viens de demander à une graphiste/dessinatrice talentueuse de travailler sur un logo de l'association." "Ho appena domandato a un grafico/disegnatrice talentuosa di lavorare sul logo dell'associazione. Vi mostrerò quello che ha fatto non appena avrà finito." As you can see, our languages are very similar ;)

I'll speak in English because is easier to write, without all those accents xD Still, I agree with Lessie about the comprehension of French. It's ok to read, it's a mess to write down :ok:

CITAZIONE
    Now we should ask each community how far they think they can take this project, the activities they usually do (so they're supposedly skilled in that particular field) and which resources they can dedicate.

Esattamente. Prima di muoverci, dobbiamo sapere chi - e in quale misura - vorrà far parte del progetto. Dopo potremo passare alla pianificazione dei compiti e alla distribuzione di essi. C'è un modo per riunire tutte le community internazionali? Per ovvi motivi, io propongo questa sezione. Comunque, se qualcuno conosce posti migliori, basta farcelo sapere.

Exactly. Before moving, we have to know who - and in which measure - want to take part of the project. After this, we'll can planning the tasks and divide them.
    There is a way to assemble all the international community? I suggest this section, for obvious reasons. Anyway, if someone knows better places, juast let us know.

15. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hi guys, i want to propose a project: I thought about it with Tobi from the german board, but it would be really interesting to develop it together: we can have in this way much more people and much more fun ;)
    Click here

63 replies since 17/12/2013, 12:22   845 views