Cosa sappiamo di Legend of Korra, stagione 2:"Spiriti"

« Older   Newer »

1. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Riporto l'articolo integrale pubblicato qui. Se qualcuno volesse tradurlo sarebbe il benvenuto^^

In addition to its sprawling anthology, Book Two will delve deeper into its romantic story arcs as well. Some fans have expressed frustration with the pairing of Mako and Korra, but Faustino notes that he's well aware of the controversy. "I’m just trying to hide from the fangirls that are a little upset with Mako at this point," he joked. "He’s not really clearly deciding between Korra and Asami. There are some pissed off fangirls out there, so I’m in hiding." Added Konietzko, "We had to tell the fans online before the panel that David is not actually Mako."

korra-all-the-avatars

DiMartino clarified the love interest situation: "Korra and Mako are now together," he said. "They both have these really important jobs. He’s a cop, she’s the Avatar -- and things can get a little complicated. They’re in these respectable positions, and they're trying to maintain this relationship. Then we have one of the most bizarre love stories for Bolin, which I don’t want to give away. In Avatar, we have plenty of relationship stuff going on -- love triangles and stuff like that -- but I think the ones we deal with in Book Two, we’ve never done before. They’re different dynamics."

Of course, one of the most popular (albeit platonic) relationships of Season 1 was found with Lin Beifong and Tenzin. Varney in particular expressed that Lin's sacrifice in "Turning the Tides" was a season staple. "I feel like it’s one of the biggest things that happens in Book One," she said. "I am so not over what happened to Lin Beifong. I am so not over it. That was one of my favorite things, getting all the tweets from people after that episode aired. So many people tweeted me saying, 'I cannot stop crying!' I love the Tenzin/Lin/Pema storyline."

korra-turning-the-tides-img

"I think we’ve learned that it doesn’t matter what we do, we’ll always upset most people," said Konietzko of the romances. However, it's experimenting with these different dynamics that often pays off in some form or another. "Most movies and stuff, it’s all about leading up to the relationship happening. But very few things deal with 'Now we’re together,' [like with Korra and Mako] or 'It didn’t work out,' like with Tenzin and Beifong -- yeah, you still love these people, but it didn’t work out. I think those are kind of interesting things for us to deal with."

In any case, there's no denying that the fans have been in constant support of the show as a whole. Coming in on the heels of their enthusiastic panel, the cast and creators said the crowd reaction at Comic-Con was more than they ever could have hoped for. "We’re a little overwhelmed right now, but it’s awesome," remarked DiMartino. "We’ve seen some really great costumes. It’s pretty amazing."

bolin-team-avatar

"I think it kind of puts it into perspective for us," added Faustino. "We’ve been hearing that it was going to be like this, but hearing about it and experiencing it are two different things. This is the reality of what we’ve been hearing."

"To see the fans -- some of them dressed up like [our characters] -- we’re so blown away," said Byrne. "It’s a great opportunity for us to get that visceral feeling of the love that the fans have for the show... I think we actually need more TV like this. The lessons that Mike and Bryan put out there allow you to actually have conversations with your kids, and kids can question their parents about certain things; there's also a lovely mythology to it all. Hopefully the kids that are watching it now will ultimately watch it again with their own children."

65 replies since 14/7/2012, 14:20   10613 views