Which school do you go to?

« Older   Newer »

1. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ok, I don't go to school since five years ago: I'm at the last year of University, I study classical Philology (latin, ancient greek, italian and a lot of old stuff...).
    As I said in the other thread, I play trumpet and I obtained my conservatory diploma two years ago.

They told me that in Germany are two kinds of music schools: die Hochschule für Musik is the best one, than there are also conservatorys, but they're not such a good places to study. In Italy is different: conservatorys are the official music schools, then we have several private institutes...some are good, some are bad, it depends on the teachers. If you find a good teacher, a musical institut can work better than a conservatory...

And, what about the "normal" schools? We have elementary school, since 6 years to ten; than there are three years of "scuola media" (= middle school?) and after there's High school, from fourteen to eighteen (we have different kinds of high school, from professional ones to liceos).
    And after...university or work.
    Tell me something about your country's schools...

2. A.Kaste
        +1   -1

User deleted

Well, it's my turn.

I studied at the Classic Liceum and now I'm studying law in my small town. After the three-year degree, I plan to finish the studies abroad in order to work in the international area.

For the rest, I play too, but I have never studied and I learned everything I know on my own. My instrument is the bass, but I also play guitar, drums and harmonica. Let's say that thanks to the concerts and CDs and gadgets sellings I can make some money, so we can consider it a kind of part-time job. Nevertheless I'm looking for a real job to pay this expensive and not very profitable passion.

A little something I can do with private lessons in English and music. In addition, I sometimes write an article for the local paper.

And that's all.

3. Disasteraang
        +1   -1

User deleted

I have finished my elementary school (which ist for the same age than yours) with an average of 2,4 (Our grade-system reachs from 1 to 6, with 1 as best and 6 as worst) and had the posibility to visit a high School, called "Gymnasium" (your Liceum) which I left after the 9th class (at this moment the "Gymnasium" took 9 years, so I left it after 5 years) and went to a "Real-Schule" (No propper word in english) which I visited for two years (The "Real-Schule takes normally 6 years, but since I had five of this six years on the "Gymnasium" I had to repeat the 9th class, so I finally had 7 years school after elementary school). Then I visited a "Berufsfachschule" (a technical College for trainees) for one year. And now I visit the vocational School ("Berufsschule" in german) parallel to my education as Elictrician.

One school form I haven't mentioned is the "Hauptschule" which is the school for those who are a bit slow with learning. So you mustn't say "for the dumb", but everyone thinks it.
    There is another schoolform upcoming in germany calles "Gesamt-Schule" in which everyone may join. It is some strange kind of combination of the old school forms.

4. Kajaa
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'm right now in 9th grade at a grammar school/secondary school (= Gymnasium)

I have to say that hardly everyone says, in the 'Gesamt-Schule' are just those who don't want to go to the hauptschule because of it's bad reputation or because they are ashamed.

5. Silian
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    One school form I haven't mentioned is the "Hauptschule" which is the school for those who are a bit slow with learning.

CITAZIONE
    in the 'Gesamt-Schule' are just those who don't want to go to the hauptschule because of it's bad reputation

Er...it's the second time I hear bad things about Hauptschule and I'm curious: what do you mean with "slow with learning" people? Is it mentally disabled people or simply people who doesn't study 'cause they don't like to do that? (we have the schools full of the second kind of guys...I don't know what are they going to do in their lives...).

6. Disasteraang
        +1   -1

User deleted

It's not for Handycaped, but for those who are... not too clever. Mostly they don't want tolearn, but there are some who want to learn and give everything but they just aren't good enough for one of the other schoolforms, so they have to go to the Hauptschule.

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Founder
    spolliciate
    +4,316

Status
    Death
    CITAZIONE
    It's not for Handycaped, but for those who are... not too clever

Sounds like our "liceo artistico" xD *runs away before someone who's attending that kind of school tried to hit her*

6 replies since 24/9/2011, 23:06   102 views